The town of Gangtok rises as a hub for Tibetology and Tibetan Buddhist culture, nestled between the mighty peaks of the Himalayas. It is the capital of India’s state of Sikkim and a popular destination for globetrotters. This beautiful city gained popularity with its breathtaking views of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world, after the construction of Enchey Monastery. Today, Gangtok is the home of many monasteries and institutions of education.Some of the attractions in Gangtok are the Namgyal Tibetology Institute, the Himalayan Zoological Park, Ganesh Tok, Enchey Gompa and the White Memorial Hall. Another characteristic of the town is that it serves as a gateway to other parts of the state. Traveling from Gangtok to the various places of interest in Sikkim, such as Tsomgo Lake, Yumthang Valley, Nathu La Pass, Pelling and more, is very convenient.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Gangtok (Arrival in Bagdogra Gangtok)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport and transfer to Gangtok (114kms/4.5hrs).
- At an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim, a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes.
- Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
DAY 2 – Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- Early Morning starts the Half day sightseeing in and around this capital city of Sikkim, covering Chortan (Stupa), Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday), Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday) and Ranka Monastery & Jakhri water Falls.
DAY 3 – Excursion Trip to Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir
- Start for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep.
- The lake is considered sacred by the local people; further 12Kms visit the Baba Mandir dedicated to the memory of soldier Harbhajan Singh.
- Evening free at Gangtok for shopping and individual activity.
DAY 4 – Gangtok to Lachung
- Morning Pickup from your hotel at Gangtok and Transfer to Lachung (117Kms/6.5Hrs), en-route sightseeing at Singhik View point, Chumthang Valley, Twin Falls and Vima Falls .
- Evening free to explore the beautiful Himalayan village by your own.
- Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 5 – Day trip to Yumthang Valley
- Early morning after breakfast start for half day excursion trip to Yumthang Valley, en-route visit Hot Spring and Singba Rhododendron Sanctuary.
- Some photographs of the natural scenes of Switzerland and Yumthang valley are very hard to distinguish.
- Yumthang, which is at an altitude of 12,000 ft., is situated about 135 km from Gangtok.
- April and May promises colorful flowers & Orchids, where as November end to March usually sees snows.
- Transfer back to Lachung for Lunch followed by visit to Lachung Monastery.
- Evening free, overnight at Hotel.
DAY 6 – Lachung to Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- Morning after breakfast transfer to Gangtok (117kms/5hrs).
- Overnight at hotel. Shopping .
DAY 7 – Memories with Gangtok Tour
- Morning Transfer to Bagdogra Airport, Tour Ends.
- Departing from airport.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees,Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Gangtok can safely be said to be one of the most beautiful hill stations in the country, with its name meaning hill-top. With everything from a mix of cultural cultures to urbanisation in just the right number, Gangtok is a living and vibrant bit of the northeast ‘s paradise.Gangtok and its surrounding areas are rich in natural beauty and have numerous natural attractions, such as Tsomgo Lake, Ban Jhakri Falls, Tashi Viewpoint, and more. Many famous religious sites, such as Enchey Monastery, Ganesh Tok, Do Drul Chorten Rumtek Monastery, etc., are other places to visit. The River Teesta is also one of the best places in North East India for white water rafting.For more details about Chennai to Gangtok tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.