Gwalior is renowned for its spectacular natural beauty and rich heritage of culture. You can do a lot of things here, such as visiting Maharaj Bada, Sun Temple, Tombs and Scindia Palace, and Fort Gwalior, or go shopping in Gwalior.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Gwalior (Arrival in Gwalior)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Kick start your holiday tour by arriving at Gwalior. An ancient city, it is steeped in history and rich with royal splendor.
- Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your hotel. Rest a while, then set off to sightseeing the various sites in the city like the Gwalior Fort, a dominant structure.
- Head up the hilly road to see the Jain Tirthankaras/’ statutes carved out of rock.
- Also visit the Jai Vilas Palace (2.8 km), and Museum.
- Return to Gwalior hotel and overnight stay at Gwalior hotel.
DAY 2 – Orchha Local Sightseeing
- After breakfast checkout from hotel and Proceed to Orchha on your second day of royal Madhya Pradesh tour once you are done with breakfast. On the way visit Datia (1 – 2 hrs drive), also known as Daityavakra in the Mahabharata.
- The top monuments are the 7 storied Raja Bir Singh Deo palace (1.6 km), and the After this stop over, drive to Orchha.
- Afternoon proceed for the sightseeing tour of Orchha.
- Check out the various forts and temples and return to Orchha hotel and overnight stay at Orchha hotel.
DAY 3 – Khajuraho Sightseeing
- After breakfast checkout from hotel and will prep you for the journey to Khajuraho (150 kms 4 hrs).
- On arrival, at Khajuraho, check-in at your hotel.
- Soak in the wonderful sound and light show held at the Khajuraho temple complex. return to khajuraho hotel .
- Overnight stay at khajuraho hotel.
DAY 4 – Visit Khajuraho Temples
- Visit Your tour of the beautiful Western collection of temples. Khajuraho/’s temples are a `world heritage` site due to the rich architecture.
- Best known for their intricately carved sculptures and carving, they will take your breath away. Spend the remaining day at pleasure and return to khajuraho hotel.
- Overnight stay at khajuraho hotel.
DAY 5 – Memories with Gwalior Tour
- Departure after breakfast for your onward journey.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
According to legend, after a local chieftain, Suraj Sen, was cured of leprosy from a drink given to him by a holy man named Gwalipa, Gwalior was founded in 8 AD. Afterwards, Suraj founded a town and fort and named them after Gwalipa. The earliest historical record discovered at Gwalior is the Alchon Hun ruler Mihirakula’s Gwalior inscription.
It describes the father of Mihirakula Toramana (493-515) as “a ruler of [the world], of great merit, who was known by the name of the glorious Tôramâna; by whom the world was governed with justice by (his) heroism that was especially characterised by truthfulness,” and his Mihirakula as “the lord of the earth” as of 520 AD. Around the 9th century, Gwalio was ruled by the Gurjara-Pratihara dynasty Forces led by Mahmud Ghazni invaded Gwalior in 1021, but they were repelled.
On the outskirts of town, the Tigra Dam is situated. The dam is now being used to store water from the river Sank and to supply the city with water. For recreational sports, including speed boating, paddle boating, and water scooters, the reservoir is used. The Swarna Rekha River is a restored portion of the dried up Swarna Rekha River during the British Raj. Boat rides run from Padav to Gwalior Zoo in central Gwalior.