In Uttarakhand, a very scenic setting surrounded by mountains and rivers, Kanatal is situated with spectacular views and scenery. This is mainly because near Mussoorie, which is a popular tourist hotspot, lies the town of Kanatal. Tourists mostly flock to Mussoorie, and the city of Kanatal is largely left untouched. Kanatal serves the local community mostly as a weekend getaway.It is situated at an altitude of 2,590 m and Mussoorie is about 45 km away. During your trip to Kanatal, there are many places that you can visit, and Surkhanda temple is the most popular religious destination.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Kanatal (Kanatal Sightseeing)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Upon arrival in Delhi, you will be transferred to Kanatal by road. After a scenic drive through the hills, you will reach Kanatal – the tiny hilly town in Uttarakhand.
- It falls under the jurisdiction of the Tehri Garhwal district – an erstwhile princely region. Kanatal is named after a lake, which was present here in the past but is no more existent.
- Situated at an elevation of more than 8500 feet, the town offers unhindered views of snowy crests and other stunning mountainous vistas.
- It lies on the Mussoorie-Chamba highway, and is gradually emerging as a popular weekend getaway for locals as well as a distinct holiday destination for outsiders.
- Upon arrival, check-in at the designated hotel and spend the remaining day in leisurely activities. You can also explore the place on your own for sometime.
- Click numerous photographs and revel in the mesmerising beauty of nature here.
- As the day comes to an end, head back to the hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 2 – Sightseeing in Kanatal
- This day, leave your hotel for a sightseeing tour of Kanatal. You can visit a number of attractions located in and around this beautiful hilly town.
- Head to visit the famous Kodia Jungle, which is the main tourist site situated here. The gurgling water springs here attract several nature lovers and shutterbugs from all over the world.
- This scenic forested area is recognised for its dense and lush forestation, which serves as home to several animals and birds. You can easily spot wild boars, ghorals, musk deer and barking deer while roaming here for sightseeing.
- Later, you may proceed to see the grand Tehri Dam, which is the tallest of its kind in the country and amongst the tallest in the world as well. Built on the Bhagirathi River, this rock and earth fill embankment dam was built after years of delay due to several environmental issues, protests and relocation of locals.
- In the outskirts of this town, you can also visit the Surkanda Devi Temple, which is surrounded by dense forests.
- Lying amidst a scenic setting, this shrine is dedicated to Goddess Sati – the female consort of Lord Shiva.
- Pay homage to the deity and also enjoy the stunning scenery of the surroundings visible from here with ease.
- As the day ends, retire to the hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 3 – Kanatal to Delhi
- On this day, you will leave for Delhi by road.
- Upon arrival in Delhi, proceed for your onward destination as the tour now comes to an end.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Beach Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Kanatal has an average elevation of approximately 2590 metres (8500 feet). Surkanda Devi Temple is the highest point. During summer , the temperature here varies from 10-20 degrees Celsius and -5 to 10 degrees Celsius during winter. The place experiences heavy snowfall in winters, blocking highways. Kanatal faces volatile strong winds because of the high altitude.For more details about Chennai to Kanatal tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.