Amazing Ladakh-The 5N/6D package takes you on a trip to Ladakh ‘s dramatic scenery, which will surely enchant you with its surreal and serene landscape. The area is renowned for its Buddhist sites, and you have the opportunity to visit the famous monasteries of Spituk and Diskit and Shanti Stupa. With the idea of giving you the best of the place in 6 days, and including the world’s highest saltwater lake, this itinerary includes the spectacular Pangong Tso.Your time at Pangong is going to be thrilling and unforgettable, to say the least, for a day at the beautiful lake and camping under the star-lit sky. Some of the highest passes in the world are also on the list-Khardung La and Chang La. You can see the shimmering white sand dunes of the Nubra Valley, dotted with camels from Bactria. Pay homage at the Hall of Fame to the martyred Indian soldiers and seek blessings at the Gurdwara Pathar Sahib.This tour by Rengha Holidays, a first of its kind package, takes care of all your lodging, transfers, meals and ensures your protection and comfort in every way. It’s the best you can find, so go ahead and have an unforgettable holiday in Ladakh.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Ladakh (Arrival in Leh | City Tour)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Upon your arrival at Leh Kushok Bakula Rinpoche Airport, meet our representative, who ensures your smooth transfer to the hotel.
- Be sure to have packed warm clothing, because with an altitude of over 10000 feet above sea level the weather is quite cold in Ladakh, even during the height of summers.
- After breakfast at the hotel, rest for some time to get acclimatized with the high altitude. Later in the afternoon, visit the Shanti Stupa, which dominates the city’s skyline from atop a hill.
- The two-storey stupa is embellished with colourful and intriguing paintings of deities and incidents from Buddhist mythology.
- The evening gives you a chance to walk around the local bazaars and buy souvenirs like Buddhist cloth paintings, called thangkas, images of deities, fine-quality pashminas and decorative handicrafts.
- Later, retreat to the hotel for dinner, then head to your room for a good night’s sleep.
DAY 2 – A Day in Sham Valley (Leh to Sham Valley | Sightseeing)
- After freshening up today, start off on your sightseeing tour. Your destination for the day is the Sham Valley, which is replete with unique places. Visit the Hall of Fame dedicated to the Indian soldiers.
- It showcases weapons and documents recovered from the enemy during various wars. A key attraction is the grand Spituk Monastery, dating to the 11th century.
- While here, do see the statues of Lord Buddha, and don’t miss the panoramic view of the Indus Valley below.
- Next travel to Gurdwara Pathar Sahib, one of the most sacred places for Sikhs. It houses a huge rock, believed to have been hurled at Guru Nanak by a demon.
- Then it is time to move to the famed Magnetic Hill.
- It is said that it pulls vehicle upwards when left on neutral.
DAY 3 – Conquering Khardung-La (Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung-La)
- After breakfast at the hotel commence on the road journey to Nubra Valley.
- Located in the extreme north of Ladakh, this desert land is distinguished for its white sands.
- Wear sufficient warm clothes as the drive takes you past Khardung La, which at 18380 feet, is said to be the highest motorable road on earth. As you reach the village of Hunder, you are in the valley, known as Ldumra, that means the valley of flowers.
- After checking-in at the camp site, explore the sand dunes that stretch from Hunder to Diskit along the Nubra and Shyok Rivers.
- Watch out for the two humped Bactrian camel that are found only in this part of India and Central Asia.
DAY 4 – Off to Pangong (Excursion to Diskit Monastery | Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso)
- Mark this day as the highlight of your fabulous trip as you visit the Diskit Monastery and the Pangong Tso.
- Enjoy breakfast under a clear sky on the river bank and then travel to Diskit Monastery in the town of the same name.
- As you near the town, you can view the huge 106-feet high statue of Maitreya Buddha atop a hill. The monastery has intriguing images of many deities.
- Some claim that the hand of a demon killed near the monastery is also kept here, all wrinkled and eerie. Thereafter continue travel to Pangong via Shyok village.
- It’s not often that travel experts cover this majestic location in a span of 6 days on a trip to Ladakh. But you we believe you deserve the best and including this in our itinerary is a step forward to that.
- One of the largest high-altitude lakes in the world and the highest salt water lake, the crystal blue waters of the Pangong Tso Lake impeccably reflect the brown mountains around making for a picture perfect postcard.
- You stay at the campsite for the night, under a star-spangled sky.
DAY 5 – Back to Leh (Pangong Tso to Leh via Chang-La | Excursion to Rancho School)
- Wake up to a mesmeric sunrise above the lake, and then head back to Leh.
- On the way, cross the approximately 17950-feet high Chang La, one of the highest mountain passes in the world.
- Along the way, pay a visit to the Druk White Lotus School, that shot to fame with the movie ‘3 Idiots’ as the site where the last scene was shot.
- After exploring it and meeting local students, reach Leh, where you can spend some time at leisure.
- A delicious dinner waits you at the hotel; thereafter, get a good night’s sleep in your room.
DAY 6 – The Sojourn Ends (Departure from Leh)
- Post checking-out from the hotel, move to the Leh airport for your onward flight.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Scant precipitation makes Ladakh, over most of its territory, a high-altitude desert with extremely scarce vegetation. Natural vegetation occurs mostly along rivers and in areas of high altitude that experience more snow and cooler summer temperatures. Owing to irrigation, human villages, however, are richly vegetated. Seabuckthorn (Hippophae spp.), wild roses of pink or yellow varieties, tamarisk (Myricaria spp.), caraway, stinging nettles, mint, Physochlaina praealta, and various grasses are popular natural vegetation seen along watercourses.For more details about Chennai to Ladakh tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.