In India’s forested Western Ghats region, south of Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar is a hill station. It features several elevated viewing points, such as the Seat of Arthur. There is a century-old Pratapgad Fort west of here, perched on top of a mountain spur. East, a sheer cliff tumbles off Lingmala Waterfall. Though 5 rivers meet at Panch Ganga Temple to the north, colourful boats dot Venna Lake.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Mahabaleshwar (Arrival Mahabaleshwar)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Arrive Mumbai, meet assist at the airport and transfer to Mahabaleshwar. Reach Mahabaleshwar check in to the hotel.
- Rest day free to explore town on your own or you can relax at the hotel.
- Tasty and spices Dinner and stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2 – Mahabaleshwar Sightseeing
- Half Day Sightseeing Covering Panchgani about 19 km, from Mahabaleshwar lies the hill station of Panchgani.
- It is surrounded on all sides by hills (Panchgani- hills) and is very popular with tourist owing to its close proximity to Mahabaleshwar.
- Panchgani is known for its resident boarding schools and its strawberry and raspberry farms.
- Also visit local places of Mahabaleshwar.
- Return to the hotel.
- Evening is at leisure, Tasty and spices Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 3 – Memories with Mahabaleshwar
- Half Day Sightseeing of Pratapgarh about 24 km. away from Mahabaleshwar lies Pratapgarh, the pride of the Maratha Empire.
- Built in 1656, it is a maze of ponds, chambers and long dark walkways, some of which lead to trap doors that open to a 100 meter fall! It was here that Afzal Khan, the mighty general of Bijapur, met his untimely death at the hands of Shivaji.
- Your tour ends with sweet memories.
- Finally drop at airport.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
As the Krishna river originates from here, Mahabaleshwar is also a sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus. The Mahabaleshwar hill station, once the British summer capital, consists of ancient temples, boarding schools, manicured and lush green dense woodland, waterfalls, hills, valleys. A visit to the magnificent Pratapgad Fort, located an hour away, is also used as a foundation.
The three villages that make up Mahabaleshwar are Malcolm Peth, Old Kshetra Mahabaleshwar and the Shindola Village Area. It lies about 120 kilometres south-west of Pune and 285 kilometres from Mumbai.
There are many tourist spots and 5 temples to see in ancient Mahabaleshwar, 7 km from Mahabaleshwar, with examples of old Indian architecture. Normal points of view still exist, some of them identified by the British colonial rulers of the 19th century.
There is a small trail behind Panchganga Temple that leads to Krishnabai Temple, where the Krishna River is worshipped. It is situated on a hilltop overlooking the Krishna Valley and was situated on the Konkancoast by the ruler of Ratnagiri in 1888. A Shiva lingam and a lovely statue of Krishna are in the temple. A small river stream flowing from a cow-face (gomukh) falls on a water tank or ‘Kunda.’ The unique features of this temple include stone carved columns and ceilings.This ancient temple accumulated moss and is in ruins. Tourists do not visit it often and it is remote. But it gives the most beautiful view of the Krishna river.