Matheran is a hill station in the West Indian state of Maharashtra, near Mumbai. It’s known for its mild climate and colonial architecture that is well-preserved. Motor vehicles are forbidden and many tourists on the 1907 Neral-Matheran Toy Train arrive by narrow-gauge railway. Views across the Western Ghats mountains are provided by the Panorama Point lookout. Views of waterfalls and the ancient Prabal Fort are at Louisa Point.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Mumbai – Matheran
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Pick Up From Mumbai Airport and Drive to Matheran.
- Upon arrival in Matheran, take a horse/ hand cart/ walk to the top.
- Upon arrival, check into the hotel & Overnight Stay at hotel.
DAY 2 – Matheran Local Sightseeing
- Today Breakfast, Later, we will visit to Sightseeing tour and cover the 12 points.
- Here you have also options for valley crossing and other activities.
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Matheran.
DAY 3 – Matheran – Mumbai
- After breakfast, we will check out from the hotel & transfer to Mumbai Airport. Tour ends with Sweet Memories……….
- Departing from airport.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Matheran is a cosy little hill station nestled in the Sahyadri range on the Western Ghats, standing at an elevation of 2600 feet above sea level, and is only 100 kilometres away from Mumbai, making it the perfect weekend getaway. Matheran is the smallest hill station in India with its name literally translating to “overhead forest,” but it is extremely popular in terms of tourists looking for a short trip amidst stunning views and serenity.
Matheran is one of the very few places in the world that do not allow any cars at all, so you will be transported back to an idyllic old-world age of red-soiled highways, car-free paths, and lush green hills all around the moment you walk into this little town. The cool breeze and pollution-free fresh air are justification enough for tourists to flock to Matheran throughout the year.
Matheran is renowned for its viewpoints, as with any other hill station. It has a total of 36 viewpoints from which you can enjoy stunning views of the mountain range of Sahyadri. They offer sweeping views of the mountains, the sunrise, the sunset, and all in between, and most of these points have simple trekking trails. The real magic of Matheran, a favourite for trekkers, is encountered while exploring the area on foot and getting lost in the beauty of the serene city.
A large monkey population, including bonnet macaques and Hanuman langurs, is also present in the area. Domesticated riding horses are still in large numbers and are one of Matheran ‘s symbols. Animals such as barking deer, Malabar giant squirrel, fox, wild boar and mongoose can be found within the trees. But in numbers compared to monkeys, these species are rare and typically do not venture where humans are present. So, most likely, you won’t come across them.
A few times in the last decade, there have been records of leopard sightings in Matheran. It is not known that leopards live in Matheran. But Matheran may climb due to dense forests in valleys surrounding the Matheran leopards that are on the roam. Leopard sightings by locals are extremely rare today because of the declining population of leopards in the world in general. In Matheran, there has been no reported occurrence of leopard attacks.