Nainital is one of the most beautiful hill stations in North India, widely known as the “Lake District of India”. Nainital is situated around the magnificent Naini Tal lake, surrounded by mountains on three sides. This resort on the lake is located at a height of 1,938 metres. The location has many storeys associated with it.According to one, Nainital derived its name from the goddess Naina, while the other legend says that Lord Shiva carried her when the goddess Sati lost her eyes, and a lake was created. (‘Naina’ means eyes and ‘Tal’ means lake.) This beautiful little town, popularly known as ‘Sapta-Shring’-Ayarpata, Deopata, Handi-Bandi, Naina, Alma, Lariya-Kanta and Sher-Ka-Danda, is surrounded by seven hills.The majestic mountains and the lake’s sparkling waters add an enormous amount to the town’s charm.
Mukteshwar is a pleasing destination situated in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand state at an elevation of 2,285 mts above sea level. Mukteshwar got its name from Mukteshwer Dham, a 350-year-old temple whose resident deity is Lord Shiva. Astonishing and wonderful views of the formidable Himalayan range are provided at the top of the mountain on which Mukteshwar Temple stands.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – NAINITAL SIGHTSEEING
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- On arrival airport,pick up and then transfer to Hotel.
- This day is dedicated completely for sighting the exquisiteness cosseted in Nainital In the morning post breakfast we will take you to the most famous like the Naina Devi Temple Lands End Tiffin Top and the Zoo.
DAY 2 – NAINITAL to MUKTESHWAR
- Post breakfast we will drive to Mukteshwar On the way we will be visiting Bhimtal.
- Upon arrival transfer to the hotel and relax for rest of the day Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 3 – MUKTESHWAR to DELHI
- Early morning after you enjoy a scrumptious breakfast we will drive back to Delhi On reaching Delhi we will transfer you to the airport for your journey back home.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Nainital has the benefit of being located near many other lesser-known hill stations linked by motor roads during the season. Vantage points around Nainital give a panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks on one side and the plains on the other. Narrow wooded lanes are ideal for quick relaxing walks through forests of oak, pine and deodar.
One gets a dramatic view of the beautiful Naini Lake that seems to be nestled in a remote cocoon when one reaches the head of the town where the highway from the plains meets the main mall at Tallital. The quiet waters of the lake are lined by brightly coloured yacht sails, while crowds of holiday makers throng the Mall at its edge. Boating in the lake is only one of tourists’ favourite sports. Others come here to hike in the heavily forested mountains surrounding the city.
Mukteshwar (as described in the book “The Temple Tiger” by Jim Corbett) was previously known as Muktesar; the name changed after 1947. In their local language, many locals still call it Muktesar. Before it was chosen for serum production to protect animals from cattle plague, the place was known for its sanctuaries and temple until 1893.
The Imperial Bacteriological Laboratory, on the recommendation of the Cattle Plague Board, emerged in Pune on 9 December 1889 and transferred to Mukteshwar in 1893 to promote the isolation and quarantine of highly contagious species.
Fruit orchards, coniferous trees, lush green trails and narrow lanes make trekking in Mukteshwar a special destination. In addition to trekking, camping and paragliding, Mukteshwar is also renowned for rock climbing and rappelling. The area is full of rugged, rough hills that are perfect for climbing rocks. To experience these things, exotic travellers visit here. Mukteshwar ‘s rocky hills are very solid.