The capital of the state of Himachal Pradesh in India is Simla. During the summer months, it is a very popular holiday-retreat and is well known for its Victorian architecture, which is expressed in some areas of the Mall and The Ridge. It is also a renowned honeymoon vacation spot.
Situated near Shimla, Kufri is a tiny hill station. It is known for its hiking and walking trails. In the winters, adventure-seeking tourists crowd Kufri to enjoy skiing and sliding down its snow-covered slopes. This area also, with its nature parks and picnic spots, seeks the interest of travellers.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Shimla (DELHI TO SHIMLA)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- Upon reaching Delhi our driver will pick you and transfer you to Shimla by private car .
- Shimla is the capital of the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, in the Himalayan foothills.
- Upon reaching check into the hotel and over night stay at hotel .
DAY 2 – SHIMLA- LOCAL
- After breakfast proceed for Local sightseeing , visiting Indian Institute Of Advanced Studies, Sankat Mochan Temple and Jakhu.
- Evening free to stroll on The Mall and the famous Ridge. Ridge is famous for its stunning vistas of the valley and the Christ Church which is the most photographed landmark of Shimla.
- Dinner and over night at hotel.
DAY 3 – SHIMLA- KUFRI
- After Breakfast Excursion to Kufri. Kufri is famous for its Himalayan National Park, Poney and Yak Ride and One can see the endless Himalayan Panorama from Kufri, after lunch sightseeing of ious places in and around.
- Shimla mosques built in1830, Vice regal Lodge built in 1885, The Gaiety Theatre- the first beauty contest of world was supposed to start 1887, The Grindlays Bank 1912- the world wide bank started by Robert Melville Grindlay.
- The Scandal Point and The famous Shopping Plaza of the North The Mall.
DAY 4 – SHIMLA –DELHI
- After Breakfast check out from the hotel and our driver will drop you at Delhi .
- On arrival Chennai airport.
- TOUR ENDS WITH SWEET MEMORIES ….
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Kufri is just about 10 km from Shimla and if you’re in Shimla, it’s quite a retreat, and snow is something that excites you. Although there is not much to see in Kufri as such, after a bit of trekking, the panoramic views and temples are worth the time. Kufri itself is often regarded as a location for tourists visiting Shimla, and if you intend to visit Kufri, club sightseeing in Shimla or nearby areas such as Chail, Mashobra, Naldehra or Narkanda is also suggested.As almost everyone visiting Shimla comes here, Kufri is also a relatively crowded and popular attraction.
During the 18th century, much of the area occupied by present-day Shimla town was dense forest. The Jakhoo temple and a few scattered houses were the only civilization. The region was called ‘Shimla,’ called after Shyamala Devi, a Hindu goddess, an embodiment of Kali.
The Mall: The Mall is Shimla’s main street for shopping. There are plenty of pubs , restaurants, banks, bars, post offices, and tourist offices. Here lies the lower part of The Gaiety Theater.
The Ridge: The Ridge is a wide open space along the Mall Road that hosts all the city’s cultural activities. Located on the Mountain, Christ Church is Northern India’s second oldest church.There are stained glass windows inside that depict faith , hope, charity, courage, patience, and humility. There is also the Cultural Complex of the State Library and Gaiety Heritage, which are some of the notable buildings here.