In the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro is a census town in the district of Lower Subansiri. At the meeting of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) on 12 December 2002, it was shortlisted for additional nomination to UNESCO for inclusion in the World Heritage Site in the Tentative List. The part of the city that is the centre of economic activities and where the administrative offices are situated is known as Hapoli or locally as ‘Hao-Polyang’ by the Apatanis.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Chennai to Ziro (Arrival At Ziro)
- Departing from Chennai airport.
- On arrival airport,pick up and then transfer to Hotel.
- Silent serene and splendid is what Ziro is synonymous with Though this picturesque town is popular across the world for its famous Ziro Festival.
- Most of the destination still remains unexplored to a large extent.
- From the rice fields to the misty mountains Ziro is indeed one of the must visit Indian tourist places.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
DAY 2 – Local Sightseeing
- After breakfast Visit Local Beauty of Nature & we return to home.
- Departure from airport.
- On arrival Chennai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care.
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.
- Chennai to Chennai transport.
- All Taxes & Fees, Any Activities,Rides.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request.
Ziro is approximately 115 km from Itanagar, the state capital, which takes approximately 3 and a half hours on the improved Hoj-Potin road along NH229 and 150 km on the Assam road. The nearest railway station from Ziro was previously located near the Arunachal-Assam border at Naharlagun in Arunachal Pradesh, which is about 100 km from Ziro. Lilabari, in the North Lakhimpur district of Assam(India), is the closest airport to the village.
Apatanis have few unique special characteristic features which differ from other tribes in Arunachal Pradesh and India. Few of these special characteristic features are: (A) Apatanis practice permanent wet paddy cultivation whereas other tribes practice shifting cultivation called Jhom cultivation. (B) Apatanis cultivate permanent wet land cultivations whereas other tribes practice dry land cultivations by clearing the forests by burning the jungles. (C) Apatanis once practiced the art of facial tattoos.
Ziro is included as part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Tentative List for India.
The birthplace of a distinctive tribal community and a balmy environment, Ziro is the paradise of peace seekers. In Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro is a quaint old town, home to the Apa Tani tribe and famous for its pine hills and rice fields.
In Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro is a quaint old town, home to the Apa Tani tribe and famous for its pine hills and rice fields. During the year, the climate in Ziro is mild, making it easy to fly all year round.