Kodaikanal is a city in the hills of the district of Dindigul in the state of Tamil Nadu , India. Its name means “The Gift of the Forest” in the Tamil language. The distance from Dindigul to kodaikanal is 95 km. Travel Time from Kodaikanal to Dindigul by Road is 2:42 hrs. Kodaikanal is referred to as the “Queen of Hill stations” and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination. The Palaiyar tribal people were the earliest residents of Kodaikanal.
In the Western Ghats mountain range, Munnar is a town. It’s surrounded by rolling hills dotted with tea plantations produced in the late 19th century, a hill station and a former retreat for the British Raj elite. Dindigul is located nearly east side to Munnar. Distance between Dindigul and Munnar is 65.3 miles or 105 KM (kilometers) and 130.67 meters.Travel duration from Dindigul to Munnar is around 2.1 Hours.Traveling from Dindigul to Munnar is connected by more than one route. The Lakkam Waterfalls, hiking trails and 2,695m-tall Anamudi Peak are home to Eravikulam National Park, a sanctuary for the endangered mountain goat Nilgiri Tahr.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Dindigul to Kodaikanal (Kodaikanal Sightseeing)
- Morning Pick up from Dindigul.
- Then proceed towards Kodaikanal.
- Proceeding to visit Suicide Point , Pine Forest and Silver Cascade’s water fall.
- Hotel check in @ 12:00 PM.
- Then Proceeding to visit Kodai Lake.
- The lake is surrounded by beautiful valleys, boat club, and buildings from colonial period.
- Overnight Stay @ Hotel-Kodaikanal
DAY 2 – Kodaikanal Sightseeing
- After Refreshment and Breakfast.
- Coaker’s Walk is the most scenic & beautiful tourist spot in Kodaikanal close to Kodaikanal Lake.
- Next to visit Dolphin’s Nose is flat rock projecting over a breathtaking 6,600 feet deep.
- Proceeding towards Pillar Rocks.
- Guna cave is wonderful tourism spot in Kodaikanal on Moir point road.
- Moir Point is a historic place and beautiful view point in Kodaikanal on Berijam Lake road.
- Next to visit Bryant Park and Shenbaganur Museum. Proceeding towards Kurinji Andavar Temple.
- Next to visit Chettiar park (On the way to Kurinji Andavar Temple)
- Overnight stay in Kodaikanal.
DAY 3 – Kodaikanal to Munnar.
- After Refreshment and Breakfast Check out the hotel.
- Then proceed towards Munnar.
- After that proceeding to Aanai Irankal dam. There you can enjoy Boat riding. (Your own cost).
- Proceeding to visit Mattupetty and Kundala dams. Proceeding to visit Varaiyadu, Echo Point, Spice garden, etc., Hotel check in.
- Munnar view point .
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Munnar.
DAY 4 – Munnar Sightseeing (Tea Museum, Falls, Elephant park)
- After fresh up and breakfast at the hotel.
- Then proceed towards visit Tea Museum, Pothamedu view point.
- On the way visit Pallivasal falls, Lake and Park.
- Next to visit Carmelagiri Elephant Park and Blossom International Park.
- Then starting our journey to Bodi Mettu, Bodi Munthal.
- Drop @Dindigul with sweet memories of Kerala.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.(Dindigul to Dindigul)
Any tourist will be mesmerised throughout the year by the cool and misty weather, the scenic beauty of the rolling hills and the wooded forest of Kodaikanal and its surroundings. Walk through the wooded woods, row through the lake, bathe in one of the splashing waterfalls, go horseback riding and cycling around the lake, or just enjoy the views.
Kodaikanal Lake is an artificial 45-hectare (110-acre) lake built in 1863 that is roughly star-shaped. It is the most prominent geographic landmark and tourist attraction in Kodaikanal. The Kodaikanal Boat Club can hire rowboats and pedalos. For short times, horses and bicycles can be rented alongside the pool. A favourite walk for locals and visitors alike is the 5 kilometre (3.1 miles) trail that circles the perimeter of this lake. Dindigul to Kodaikanal on the way to see different types of medicine plants ,flowers and animals.
In Kerala, Munnar is a beautiful place and its beauty draws thousands of tourists to it every year. The presence of three rivers that flow through this region, namely Mattupetti, Periavaru, and Nallathanni, is what makes Munnar even more famous. Throughout this area , different viewpoints are separated, from where you can have a look at the beautiful valleys, hills, and rivers.For more details about Dindigul to Kodiakanal,Munnar tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.