Kodaikanal is a city in the hills of the district of Dindigul in the state of Tamil Nadu , India. Its name means “The Gift of the Forest” in the Tamil language. The distance from Dindigul to kodaikanal is 95 km. Travel Time from Kodaikanal to Dindigul by Road is 2:42 hrs. Kodaikanal is referred to as the “Queen of Hill stations” and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination. The Palaiyar tribal people were the earliest residents of Kodaikanal.
Thekkady is about 80 km from Theni, 151 km from Madurai City and Madurai Airport, 145 km from Cochin International Airport Thekkady is situated along the border of Kerala Idukki-Theni Tamil Nadu. The Distance between Dindigul to Thekkady by road is 140KM. Thekkady is located nearly South West side to Dindigul. The sanctuary is renowned for its thick evergreen, semi-evergreen, moist deciduous forests and grasslands of savannah. It is home to elephant herds, sambars, tigers, gaur, lion tail macaques, and Nilgir langurs.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Dindigul to Kodaikanal (Kodaikanal Sightseeing)
- Morning Pick up from Dindigul.
- Then proceed towards Kodaikanal.
- Proceeding to visit Suicide Point , Pine Forest and Silver Cascade’s water fall.
- Hotel check in @ 12:00 PM.
- Then Proceeding to visit Kodai Lake.
- The lake is surrounded by beautiful valleys, boat club, and buildings from colonial period.
- Overnight Stay @ Hotel-Kodaikanal
DAY 2 – Kodaikanal Sightseeing
- After Refreshment and Breakfast.
- Coaker’s Walk is the most scenic & beautiful tourist spot in Kodaikanal close to Kodaikanal Lake.
- Next to visit Dolphin’s Nose is flat rock projecting over a breathtaking 6,600 feet deep.
- Proceeding towards Pillar Rocks.
- Guna cave is wonderful tourism spot in Kodaikanal on Moir point road.
- Moir Point is a historic place and beautiful view point in Kodaikanal on Berijam Lake road.
- Next to visit Bryant Park and Shenbaganur Museum. Proceeding towards Kurinji Andavar Temple.
- Next to visit Chettiar park (On the way to Kurinji Andavar Temple)
- Overnight stay in Kodaikanal.
DAY 3 – Kodaikanal to Thekkady.
- After Refreshment and Breakfast Check out the hotel.
- Then proceed towards Thekkady on the way visit Penniquick Memorial Hall.
- Hotel Check In.
- At evening, we can see Kerala cultural art forms such as kathakali and Kalari.
- Overnight stay at Hotel –Thekkady.
DAY 4 – Thekkady Sightseeing
- After fresh up and breakfast check out the hotel.
- After fresh up and experiencing an excellent boating in Thekkady Lake.
- Proceed to visit Elephant Ride, Spice Garden ,etc…
- Evening drop at Dindigul with sweet Memories of Kerala.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.(Dindigul to Dindigul)
Any tourist will be mesmerised throughout the year by the cool and misty weather, the scenic beauty of the rolling hills and the wooded forest of Kodaikanal and its surroundings. Walk through the wooded woods, row through the lake, bathe in one of the splashing waterfalls, go horseback riding and cycling around the lake, or just enjoy the views.
Kodaikanal Lake is an artificial 45-hectare (110-acre) lake built in 1863 that is roughly star-shaped. It is the most prominent geographic landmark and tourist attraction in Kodaikanal. The Kodaikanal Boat Club can hire rowboats and pedalos. For short times, horses and bicycles can be rented alongside the pool. A favourite walk for locals and visitors alike is the 5 kilometre (3.1 miles) trail that circles the perimeter of this lake. Dindigul to Kodaikanal on the way to see different types of medicine plants ,flowers and animals.
Periyar National Park, a major attraction, is one location where you can enjoy bamboo rafting in the Mullaiperiyar Dam catchment area, hiking, and shopping in the middle of the wilderness! You can also enjoy its large stretches of spice gardens and diverse adventure sports, famous for its good eating joints. A night trek in the forest of Periyar can also be enjoyed. From Dindigul to Thekkady on the way to See so many sightseeing places.
An incredibly amazing experience is the early morning boat trip inside the sanctuary where you will be able to see wild elephants, bisons, wild boars, different kinds of birds, etc. Anakarra, which is a wonderful place to enjoy nature, is also located nearby. Located about 5 km from the city, Murikaddy is famous for its coffee and spice plantations.For more details about Dindigul to Kodaikanal,Thekkady tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.