Meghamalai, popularly referred to as the Highwavy Ranges, is a mountain range in the Theni district of the Western Ghats, Tamil Nadu, near Kumily, Kerala. The distance between Dindigul to Megamalai is 120 Km.It takes 2 hours, 46 minutes to travel from Dindigul to Megamalai. Cardamom plantations and tea estates dot it. The place is located at an altitude of 1,500 m above sea level and is rich in fauna and flora.This area, now mostly planted with tea, includes the estates of Cloudlands, Highwavys, Venniar and Manalar, to which access is now largely restricted. It also contains significant remains of evergreen forest that are untouched.
Theni district is a tourist attraction zone in Southern Tamil Nadu. Special features of this district are lakes, waterfalls, endless pilgrim centres with resounding cascades, silver-lined clouds sitting on green hilltops, sheer rock faces and ancient temples with special tourist attractions.The distance between Dindigul and Theni is 67 KM (kilometers) and 900 meters. Theni is located nearly South West side to Dindigul.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Dindigul to Megamalai (Megamalai Sightseeing)
- Morning pickup from Dindigul Bus stand at 06:00 AM.
- Then proceed towards Meghamalai.
- After Refreshment at Theni.
- On the way to visit Chinna Suruli Falls.
- Meghamalai View Point.
- Highways Lake and Dam.
- Then proceed towards Theni.
- Hotel Check in.
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Theni.
DAY 2 – Theni sightseeing.
- Morning proceed to visit Kumbakkari falls.
- Sothuparai Dam.
- Vaigai Dam.
- Kuchanur Suyambu Sri Saneeswara Bhagavan Temple.
- Come back to Hotel.
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Theni.
DAY 3 – Theni sightseeing.
- After fresh up and Breakfast @ hotel.
- Check out from the Hotel.
- Then proceed to visit Suruli falls.
- Visiting 1008 Sivalinga temple and Grape Garden.
- Then proceed towards Veerapandi River and Veerapandi Gowmariamman Temple.
- Finally drop @ Dindigul Bus stand.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport. (Dindigul to Dindigul)
The last thorough study of flora in the biodiversity-rich area of Meghamalai was performed in the early 1980s, according to experts.Vegetation ranges from scrub forests at the foothills, ubiquitous expanses of tea and coffee farms, to spice (pepper, helllcardamom, cinnamon) plantations and finally to the thick evergreen forests at the top. Since then, no systematic study has been carried out on the vegetation.
A view of the entire mountain range of Varusanadu Hills is offered by the Highwavys. All around, in particular the Highwavys Group of Estates, there are large private tea, spices, and coffee plantations. Some of the other small plantations in Meghamalai are also called Ananda Plantations, Ponsiva Plantations, and Fieldmede Estate. A manmade lake offers plenty of space for leisurely walks.
Six hill dams and the place of origin of Suruli Theertham (Suruli falls near Cumbum town) are popular tourist attractions. The deep Cumbum Valley and the villages of the Theni district can be viewed from the Manalar Dam. The heart of Meghamalai is the Vellimalai (Silver Mountain, 1,650 m) area.
The rivers flowing through this district are Vaigai, Kottagudi, Suruliyar, Varahanathi, Manjalar and varattaru. Vaigai, Manjalaru dam, Sothuparai dam, Shanmuganathi dam, Manalaru dam and Melmanalaru dam are the main reservoirs in the district. The Theni district is the main tourist route to Thekkady from Madurai via Bodinayakanur, Munnar and Kochi.Travel time between Dindigul to Theni is 1 hours and 26 minutes.
The Western Ghats surround this district, with green stretches of cultivated land and tea gardens. The District ‘s main development is silk cotton, soft towels, coffee seeds, cardamom, mango.For more details about Dindigul to Megamalai,theni tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.