Ooty (short for Udhagamandalam) is a resort town in the Western Ghats mountains, in the Tamil Nadu state of southern India. Built as a British Raj summer resort, it retains a working steam railway line. Stone House, a residence from the 19th century, and the St. Stephen ‘s Church from around 1829 are other reminders of its colonial history. The 55-acre Government Botanical Garden lies on the slopes of Doddabetta Hill.The distance between Dindigul and Ooty is 181 KM (kilometers) and 900 meters. Travel time between Dindigul to Ooty is 4 hours and 43 minutes.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Dindigul to Ooty (Ooty Sightseeing)
- Early Morning Pick up from Dindigul.
- Proceed towards Ooty.
- Hotels check in.
- The Rose Garden is one of the largest rose gardens in India.
- Botanical Gardens is a beautiful garden situated on the foothills of Dodabetta Peak in Ooty.
- Ooty Lake, a popular destination for picnicking, paddle boating Overnight Stay in Ooty.
DAY 2 – Ooty Sightseeing.
- Morning Breakfast and then hotel Check Out.
- Doddabetta is the highest point in Nilgiri Mountains.
- Government Museum Tea factory Tea Museum Thread Garden.
- Pine forest is a nice place to take snaps & famous shooting spot as well.
- Then proceed towards Dindigul.
- Finally drop at Dindigul.
What ‘s Included
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms.
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.(Dindigul to Ooty to Dindigul).
The Government Rose Garden (formerly Centenary Rose Park) is India’s largest rose garden. It is located on the slopes of Ooty Town’s Elk Hill in Vijayanagaram. At an elevation of 2200 metres. Today, with more than 20,000 varieties of roses from 2,800 cultivars, this garden has one of the largest collections of roses in the world. Dindigul to Ooty on the way to see different types of Plants,birds and animals.
Hybrid tea roses, Miniature Roses, Polyanthas, Papagena, Floribunda, Ramblers, Yakimour and roses in rare colours including black and green are included in the set. Every May, a flower show is held along with an exhibition of rare plant species. The gardens have about a thousand species of plants, shrubs, ferns, trees, herbal and bonsai plants, both exotic and indigenous.There is a 20-million-year-old fossilised tree in the garden.
At the edge of Ooty Lake, Deer Park is situated. Aside from the zoo at Nainital, Uttarakhand, it is India’s highest altitude zoo. This park was built to house a variety of deer and other animal species.
Ooty lake covers an area of 65 acres. A major tourist attraction in Ooty is the boat house set up alongside the lake, which provides visitors with boating facilities. It was built by John Sullivan, Ooty’s first collector, in 1824. By damming the mountain streams flowing down the valley of Ooty, the lake was created.
Spread over an area of almost one acre of land, in the midst of the blue hills of Nilgiris, the Ooty Tea Factory is a must-see spot for nature lovers, photographers and tea lovers.
The lake is situated between Eucalyptus trees groves with a railway line that runs along one shore. Boat races and boat pageantry are scheduled for two days on the lake during the summer season in May.
Pykara is a river 19 km away from Ooty. The Pykara is considered by the Todas to be very sacred. At Mukurthi peak, the Pykara river rises and passes through a hilly tract, usually holding to the north and turning to the west after touching the edge of the plateau.
The highest point (2,623 m) in the Nilgiris, about 10 km from Ooty, is Doddabetta. It lies at the intersection of the thick Sholas covering the Western and Eastern Ghats. A small downhill area where pine trees are arranged in an orderly manner is the pine forest situated between Ooty and Thalakunda.For more details about Dindigul to Ooty Packages please contact 9443204141,9578784466.