Rameshwaram is perhaps the most holy place in India and is located on a beautiful island. It is separated from Sri Lanka by a narrow Pamban channel. According to Hindu mythology, this is where Lord Rama made an extension to Sri Lanka over the ocean. Rameshwaram is located on a beautiful island in the lower side of India. In this location, Master Shiva is revered as well. The Ramanathaswamy Temple, eminent for its celestial prakaras with huge built columns on either side, houses the planet’s longest corridor.The Distance between Dindigul to Rameshwaram by road is 237KM.
Agniteertham is renowned for its holy waters and at this beach, pilgrims perform poojas out of reverence for their progenitors. The five-colored Hanuman Temple keeps the coastal stone that was used to construct the extension between India and Sri Lanka.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Dindigul to Rameshwaram
- Pick up from Dindigul.
- Then Travel Towards Rameshwaram
- Upon Arrival Rameshwaram Check In Hotel To visit Ramanathaswamy Temple, Pamban Bridge , Pamban Rail Bridge , Ramar Patham ,22 Well Theertham , Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple .
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Rameshwaram
DAY 2 – Rameshwaram Sightseeing
- After fresh up and Breakfast @ hotel.
- Dhanushkodi Temple , Dhanushkodi Beach , Ram Setu Adam’s Bridge , Kothanda Ramar Temple.
- Come back to Hotel.
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Rameshwaram.
DAY 3 – Rameshwaram Sightseeing
- After fresh up and Breakfast @ hotel.
- Check out the Hotel.
- Then Proceed to visit Ariyaman Beach.
- Sea World Aquarium.
- APJ Abdul Kalam House.
- Burial Place of APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Kalam National Memorial.
- Then proceed towards Dindigul
- Finally drop @ Dindigul Railway Junction.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required)
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.(Dindigul to Rameshwaram to Dindigul).
It is written in the Ramayana that, with the aid of Hanuman, the Divine King Rama constructed a bridge from here across the sea to Lanka to save his wife Sita from Ravana, her abductor. In the centre of the city, the Ramanathaswamy Temple, dedicated to the Vedic god Shiva, is closely related to Rama. A sacred pilgrimage site for Shaivas is considered to be the temple and the town.
The closest point to reaching Sri Lanka from India is Rameswaram, and geological evidence indicates that Rama Sethu was a former land connexion between India and Sri Lanka. The town reported on the Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project, Kachchatheev, Tamil refugees from Sri Lanka and the capture of local fishermen for alleged cross-border activities of the Sri Lankan Forces.
The Ramanathaswamy Temple is the town’s most impressive historical landmark. Ramanathaswamy Temple, located in the centre of town, is a famous Hindu temple dedicated to the god Shiva. The temple is one of the 12 shrines of Jyotirlinga, where Shiva is worshipped in the form of a pillar of light, meaning Jyotirlinga.
It is also one of the 276 temples of Paadal Petra Sthalam and is glorified in hymns by Appar, Sundarar and Tirugnana Sambandar, three of the most revered Nayanar saints (7th century Saivite saints).
The highest point on the island is Gandhamathan Parvatham, a hillock located 3 km north of the temple. There is a two-storey hall where Rama ‘s feet are found on a chakra (wheel) as an imprint. On the hillock, the Ramarpatham Temple is situated.
Dhanushkodi is the southernmost tip of the island and houses the Rama-dedicated Kothandaramaswamy Temple. While the temple alone remained intact during the 1964 cyclone, Dhanushkodi was washed away. It is located 18 km from the town centre and can be reached by road. A common belief is that, in the epic Ramayana, Dhanushkodi is where Vibishana, Ravana ‘s brother, surrendered before Rama.For more details about Dindigul to Rameshwaram tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.