Rameshwaram is perhaps the most holy place in India and is located on a beautiful island. It is separated from Sri Lanka by a narrow Pamban channel. According to Hindu mythology, this is where Lord Rama made an extension to Sri Lanka over the ocean. Rameshwaram is located on a beautiful island in the lower side of India. In this location, Master Shiva is revered as well. The Ramanathaswamy Temple, eminent for its celestial prakaras with huge built columns on either side, houses the planet’s longest corridor.The Distance between Dindigul to Rameshwaram by road is 237KM. Agniteertham is renowned for its holy waters and at this beach, pilgrims perform poojas out of reverence for their progenitors. The five-colored Hanuman Temple keeps the coastal stone that was used to construct the extension between India and Sri Lanka.
Kanyakumari is located nearly South side to Dindigul. Kanyakumari is the southernmost point of the Indian Peninsula, flanked by the three seas-Arabian, Indian and the Bay of Bengal. Kanyakumari was earlier known as Cape Comorin, a small ocean-side town in the territory of Tamil Nadu. In the midst of three oceans, the city is a slanting scene of raised patches of hills, coconut trees and paddy fields. In the same way, Kanyakumari is the main place in India where you can display the first light and sunset at a comparable beach.Distance between Dindigul to Kanyakumari is 258 KM and 132 meters that is 160.4 miles.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Dindigul to Rameshwaram (Rameshwaram Sightseeing)
- Pick up from Dindigul.
- Then Travel Towards Rameshwaram
- Upon Arrival Rameshwaram Check In Hotel To visit Ramanathaswamy Temple, Pamban Bridge , Pamban Rail Bridge , Ramar Patham ,22 Well Theertham , Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple .
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Rameshwaram.
DAY 2 – Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari (Kanyakumari Sightseeing)
- Morning After Breakfast We Check Out Hotel.
- Then Proceed towards Kanyakumari.
- Hotel Check in.
- To visit Vivekananda Rock , Thiruvallu Statue, Kanyakumari Beach and Sunset Point.
- Come back to Hotel.
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Kanyakumari
DAY 3 – Kanyakumari to Dindigul.
- Morning After Breakfast We Check Out Hotel.
- Next to visit Sunrise Point ,Triveni Sangam , Vattakottai Fort ,Sri Bhagavathi Amman Temple ,Mahatma Gandhi Memorial , Sri Adi Shankara Statue ,18 Ft Hanuman Temple , Suchindram Temple ,Wax Museum ,St Xavier Church.
- Then Starting Our Journey Towards Dindigul with Sweet Memories of Kanyakumari.
- Finally drop at Dindigul.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required)
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.(Dindigul to Rameshwaram,Kanyakumari to Dindigul).
It is written in the Ramayana that, with the aid of Hanuman, the Divine King Rama constructed a bridge from here across the sea to Lanka to save his wife Sita from Ravana, her abductor. In the centre of the city, the Ramanathaswamy Temple, dedicated to the Vedic god Shiva, is closely related to Rama. A sacred pilgrimage site for Shaivas is considered to be the temple and the town.
The closest point to reaching Sri Lanka from India is Rameswaram, and geological evidence indicates that Rama Sethu was a former land connexion between India and Sri Lanka. The town reported on the Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project, Kachchatheev, Tamil refugees from Sri Lanka and the capture of local fishermen for alleged cross-border activities of the Sri Lankan Forces.
The Ramanathaswamy Temple is the town’s most impressive historical landmark. Ramanathaswamy Temple, located in the centre of town, is a famous Hindu temple dedicated to the god Shiva. The temple is one of the 12 shrines of Jyotirlinga, where Shiva is worshipped in the form of a pillar of light, meaning Jyotirlinga.
It is a popular tourist destination in India, famous for its unique ocean sunrise, sunset and moonrise, the 133-foot Thiruvalluvar Statue and Vivekananda Rock Memorial off the coast, and as a pilgrimage centre. It is the confluence of the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean at the tip of peninsular India. It has a coastal line of 71.5 km extended on three sides. Dindigul to Kanyakumari on the way to see more sightseeing.
A temple dedicated to the goddess Kanyakumari (the virgin goddess) is on the shores of the town, after which the town is named. Since the Sangam period, Kanyakumari has been a town and has been referred to in old Tamil literature and in the accounts of Marco Polo and Ptolemy.For more details about Dindigul to Rameshwaram,Kanyakumari tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.