Thekkady is about 80 km from Theni, 151 km from Madurai City and Madurai Airport, 145 km from Cochin International Airport Thekkady is situated along the border of Kerala Idukki-Theni Tamil Nadu. The Distance between Dindigul to Thekkady by road is 140KM. Thekkady is located nearly South West side to Dindigul. The sanctuary is renowned for its thick evergreen, semi-evergreen, moist deciduous forests and grasslands of savannah. It is home to elephant herds, sambars, tigers, gaur, lion tail macaques, and Nilgir langurs.
The Sanctuary of Periyar Wildlife is spread over 777 km, of which 360 km is dense evergreen forest. In 1978, the wildlife sanctuary was proclaimed to be a tiger reserve. The splendid artificial lake created across the Periyar River by the Mullaperiyar Dam adds to the park’s charm. The herds of wild elephants, deer and bison which come down to drink in the lake are the greatest attractions of Periyar.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – (Dindigul to Thekkady ) Theni and Thekkady Sightseeing
- Morning pickup from Dindigul.
- Then proceed towards Theni.
- On the way Breakfast (Your own cost).
- Proceed to visit Suruli falls. Visiting 1008 Sivalinga temple and Grape Garden.
- Then proceed towards Thekkady on the way visit on time shall visit Penniquick Memorial Hall.
- At evening, we can see Kerala cultural art forms such as kathakali and Kalari.
- Overnight stay @ Hotel – Thekkady.
DAY 2 – Thekkady Sightseeing
- After Breakfast and then check out from the hotel.
- After fresh up and experiencing an excellent boating in Thekkady Lake.
- Proceed to visit Elephant Ride, Spice Garden ,etc..,
- Then proceed towards Dindigul.
- Finally drop @ Dindigul Railway Junction.
What ‘s Included
- We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveller
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home Stay (As per required )
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner (As per required )
- All local vehicle transport.(Dindigul to Thekkady to Dindigul).
Periyar National Park, a major attraction, is one location where you can enjoy bamboo rafting in the Mullaiperiyar Dam catchment area, hiking, and shopping in the middle of the wilderness! You can also enjoy its large stretches of spice gardens and diverse adventure sports, famous for its good eating joints. A night trek in the forest of Periyar can also be enjoyed. From Dindigul to Thekkady on the way to See so many sightseeing places.
An incredibly amazing experience is the early morning boat trip inside the sanctuary where you will be able to see wild elephants, bisons, wild boars, different kinds of birds, etc. Anakarra, which is a wonderful place to enjoy nature, is also located nearby. Located about 5 km from the city, Murikaddy is famous for its coffee and spice plantations.
Chellar Kovil is another place with a tonne of picturesque waterfalls and cascades located nearby. The Mangala Devi Temple, situated at an altitude of 1337 m and about 15 km from Thekkady, only opens on the occasion of the Chitra Pournami Festival.
Pattumalay means hills covered in silk, literally. For its lofty peaks, small streams, tea plantations and tea factories, it is popular. This lovely Idukki area is 8 km from Peermade and 24 km from Thekkady. The Velankanni Matha Church, situated atop a hill, is one of the main attractions in this area.
This is a popular centre for pilgrims, and it is entirely constructed of granite. Pattumalay is also home to the largest names in the tea production market, the small Pattumalay Estate of Harrisons Malayalam. 24 km from Thekkady, the Pattumalay Tea Factory is located. Pattumalay Tea Factory belongs to Harrisons Malayalam Limited and is a major producer of Orthodox tea. It is the oldest Orthodox factory and only the Orthodox Tea Factory owns central Travancore as well.The Pattumalay Estate was created in 1931.For more details about Dindigul to Thekkady tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.