At a distance of 18 km from Kangra City, Dharamshala or Dharamsala City is located in the Kangra district. Dharamsala is divided into upper and lower divisions at various altitudes. The lower division is the town itself, Dharamsala. The upper-division, however, is situated 3 km away and is commonly known as Mcleodganj. The bus connexions and the busy market are prominently visited in Dharamsala.
Dharamsala is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the Buddhist leader in exile from Dharamsala, who runs his government. Now, what better place on earth to experience the rich and royal Tibetan culture than this little town set at the foot of the Dhauladhar mountains. In the year 1959, with his disciples, the Dalai Lama came to India and settled, quite embellished, the town of Dharamsala, turning it into a little Lhasa.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Madurai to Dharamshala (Dharamshala Sightseeing)
- Departing from Madurai airport.
- On arrival airport and transfer to Hotel.
- On your first day in Dharamshala, first, visit Tsuglagkhang Complex. This is a popular pilgrimage site, comprised of the Dalai Lama temple, a monastery, stupas, a library, cafe, and a museum. You must also visit the Namyang Monastery which is just a stone’s throw away from the complex.
- The Tibet Museum is another interesting place to visit nearby. Through its exhibits, the museum gives you an insight into the history and culture of Tibet.
- Then have a quick lunch and head towards St John’s Church. This is an ancient church dating back to the 18th century and showcases Neo-Gothic brick facade.
- Later, make your way towards Bhagsunag Falls. On your way first, make a stop at the Bhagsu Naag Temple.
- It is an ancient local temple and is dedicated to Lord Shiva and the local deity Bhagsu Naag.
- Then continue your journey to reach the magnificent Bhagsu Falls.
- After enjoying under the cascading waterfall, end your day by resting at a nearby hotel.
DAY 2 – In Dharamshala
- On your second day in Dharamshala trek to Triund.
- Have a hefty breakfast early morning and then lace up your trekking shoes to hike the most accessible trail in the Himalayan range.
- After a hectic day of trekking, you spend the remaining time of the day relaxing in Dharamshala, or you may visit the small monasteries surrounding the city.
- You may also go cafe hopping in Dharamshala or Mcleodganj to have a great time.
- Finally drop at airport.
- On arrival Madurai airport.
WHAT ‘S INCLUDED
We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
- Solo Traveler
- Double sharing Rooms
- Suite Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
- Royal Suite Rooms
- Home stay
- ( as per requirement )
- Local Speaking Guide – ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
- From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care
(As per requirement *)
- All local vehicle transport
- Madurai to Madurai transport
- All Taxes & Fees, Activities.
- Domestic Flight
- Travel Insurance
- As per Customer Request
Dharamshala also has lush tea gardens where its famous Kangra tea is grown. Traditionally known for Kangra green tea, along with Kashmiri Kahwa and Masala Chai, Dharamshala now produces a variety of teas, including black, green, oolong, and white teas. The Dharmsala Tea Company, which conducts guided tours of tea gardens and factories and offers tea tastings, owns and operates tea gardens at the Mann Tea Estate.Kangra green tea is considered to be one of the best in India, and of all green teas produced in India, it has also been found to contain the highest antioxidant levels.
In the city of Dharamshala, in addition to the traditional shopping street named Kotwali Bazaar, the Maximus Mall and Gold Multiplex Cinema are now open on the National Highway Road in the Chilgari district, near Kotwali Bazaar and the main bus stop in Lower Dharamshala. After Purnam Mall, Bilaspur, Maximus mall is the second largest mall in the state.For more details about Madurai to Dharamshala tour package please contact 9443204141,9578784466.